Castlevania Order of Ecclesia Game Script 3 of 3

Game Script
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia


XXXIII - Conversation with Nikolai

(After releasing Nikolai in Wygol Village, he stays there waiting for other villagers to be rescued.)


XXXIII.A - Young Children

Nikolai: Some of the abducted are even young children... ...All I can do now
is to pray for their safety...


XXXIII.B - God Spoke to Me

Nikolai: Has God ever spoken to you? He spoke to me once, telling me to clear
this wasteland and build a village.


XXXIII.C - Unfortunate Visitors

Nikolai: He took everyone away. Even a few visitors from out of town, who just
happened to be here at the time. Were they simply unfortunate, or is there
some plan at work?


XXXIII.D - The Village Priest

Nikolai: I'm Nikolai, the priest watching over this town. Please, you must
deliver the villagers from his evil!


XXXIII.E - After Rescuing All Villagers

Nikolai: Thank you very much! You rescued every last soul in town. But...their
tribulations still weigh heavily upon their hearts... Would you speak with
them, and help to lift their spirits?


XXXIII.F - After Completing All Quests

Nikolai: You've saved these people's lives, and now you've restored their peace of mind. This village is healing before our eyes. Thank you very much! You are truly a gift from above--a saint if ever there was one. Please accept this. It is a ring that has been passed down in my family.

(Nikolai handed the Master Ring to her.)

Nikolai: May God guide you wherever you may go.


XXXIV - Conversation with Jacob

(After releasing Jacob in Kalidus Channel, he returns to his item shop in Wygol Village.)


XXXIV.A - The Village’s Item Shop Owner

Jacob: Welcome! I'm back in business, thanks to you. My inventory's a little backlogged right now, but have a look around!

Shanoa: Thank you very much.

Jacob: Hey, thank YOU. I'd give you things for free if I could, but... You know how business is these days.

Shanoa: I understand.

Jacob: Good! Well, let me know if you see anything you like!

(Shanoa check his inventory. After shopping…)

Jacob: I'll have some more coming in soon, so keep on checking back!


XXXIV.B - Talking to Jacob Once More

(When Shanoa talks to Jacob once more.)

Jacob: Shanoa! You get a special discount!


XXXIV.C - No New Item Available

(When Jacob has no new item in his inventory.)

Jacob: These are all the items I can get. The rest are up to you.


XXXV - Conversation with Abram

(After releasing Abram in Minera Prison Island, he returns in Wygol Village.)


XXXV.A - Abram’s First Quest

Abram: It's... It's YOU! You've come at last...

Shanoa: At an awkward time, I see.

Abram: Awkward? No. Inconvenient, YES! I would prepare a proper thanks, a gift of medicine, but no, now is not the time...

Shanoa: What is the matter?

Abram: HE did it. That man who abducted us. He took all the materials I had! I bet.

Shanoa: Albus...? Could it be for some experiment?

Abram: No doubt! So GO, and find me more materials, I command it! THEN, only then, will I trust you enough to thank you! For saving my life!

Shanoa: ......

Abram: SAGE! I need Sage. So find it, and bring it here! And then we'll see who trusts who, won't we? Ha, ha, ha!


XXXV.B - Completing Abram’s First Quest

(Shanoa brings the Sage to Abram.)

Abram: Yes, that's definitely Sage. So thank you. For now. I'll make your precious "medicine." I'll even have the store stock it. But DON'T DARE ask to have it for free! Who do you think I am!?


XXXV.C - Abram’s Second Quest

Abram: Ah, yes, it's you... Bring me Chamomile and Rue. Then I'll make an antidote for poison. You're not POISONED are you? Well this'll cure you. And then maybe I'll trust you more. Not much more. But some.


XXXV.D - Completing Abram’s Second Quest

(Shanoa brings Chamomile and Rue to Abram.)

Abram: Well, here we have it. Chamomile and Rue. Thanks again. For now. So now I can make your antidotes, and send them to the store for you. You've
earned precisely eight points of trust. And if you know anything about trust, you know that's being generous.


XXXV.E - Abram’s Third Quest

Abram: I now require Sage and Mandragora Root. With these, you won't have to recover your health in tiny increments. You'll get them, right? Oh, you'll get them. I know you. I know your kind. Relentless and infallible. Hurrah!


XXXV.F - Completing Abram’s Third Quest

Abram: ...Well, Sage, Mandragora Root... Yes, you've done it. I knew you would. And now for that promised boost to your health. I'll leave it at the store. I'll even do you a favor, and have it stocked at an extra special price. For everyone. Not just you. Wouldn't want to start and RUMORS of favoritism.


XXXV.G - Abram’s Fourth Quest

Abram: Listen, my behavior's been a bit erratic since, you know, "the incident." I hope I haven't said anything to... enrage you. Really, I meant that.

Shanoa: It's quite all right. Words don't bother me.

Abram: Good! Well, to patch things up, I'll give you a special medicine! ...That I don't have the materials for. [Sage] and [Merman Meat]. But you can find them!... Oh, yes. YOU can find them! And then I'll make you SUCH a brew as to heal your TERRIBLE WOUNDS on the spot. How about it?

Shanoa: ......

Abram: That's a yes, isn't it? I'm counting on you.


XXXV.H - Completing Abram’s Fourth Quest

(Shanoa brings the Sage and Merman Meat to Abram.)

Abram: Sage and Merman Meat! You've found them! You're amazing! I'll make you a potion of instant-mega-healing! And this one's on the house! ...No, wait. If I gave it to you, you'd take it into danger, and get badly injured just so you could use it. Don't do it! You mean too much to me! So... with that in mind, I'm NOT giving it to you. I'll leave it at the store. And make it really pricey so you don't buy it. Ha!


XXXV.I - Completing All Abram’s Quest

Abram: Well, that's it for all the medicine. Except mine, but that's another
story. But you have my undying moral support, from back at a nice, safe
distance. And whenever you take medicines, think of me. THINK OF ME!!


XXXVI - Conversation with Laura

(After releasing Laura in Tymeo Mountains, she returns to her house in Wygol Village.)


XXXVI.A - Laura’s First Quest

Laura: You know, you dress like you're in mourning. Waste of a finely shaped--

Shanoa: Enough of that, thank you.

Laura: Well, sorry if I'm out of line, but hear me out, here. A little accessorizing would go a long way, don't you think?

Shanoa: Accessorizing?

Laura: Yeah, you know. Bring over a Lapiz Lazuli and I'll show you what I mean.


XXXVI.B - Completing Laura’s First Quest

(Shanoa brings the Lapis Lazuli to Laura.)

Laura: Good stone you found, here. Let me work on it and I'll send it to the general store. Give it a try later on! Bet you'll like what you see.


XXXVI.C - Laura’s Second Quest

Laura: You don't smile much. You should! Men'd be lining up at your door.

Shanoa: I do not smile.

Laura: Don't smile? That's...odd. Hmm, what can we do about that...? Got it! I need a Ruby, a Sapphire, and an Emerald. Wait till you see what I make now! You'll smile without even knowing it.


XXXVI.D - Completing Laura’s Second Quest

(Shanoa brings the Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald to Laura.)

Laura: Here we are; red, blue, and green. The three primary colors of light, you know. You're going to love how those colors all dance together. Check it out at the general store once I'm done.


XXXVI.E - Laura’s Third Quest

Laura: Still can't smile, huh...? I wonder if my skills just aren't up to it yet...

Shanoa: It's not you. My troubles go deeper than you think.

Laura: ...Well, how about this? Got a man in your life?

Shanoa: Nobody I'm capable of caring for. What about yourself?

Laura: Well, there's someone... but I'm not good at talking about myself... Right, moving on. I need a Diamond and Onyx! And I WILL make something powerful enough to touch your heart.


XXXVI.F - Completing Laura’s Third Quest

(Shanoa brings the Diamond and Onyx to Laura.)

Laura: Ha! No heart can withstand the combined power of these two stones! I'll send this over to the general store when it's done.


XXXVI.G - Laura’s Fourth Quest

Laura: STILL can't smile, huh? I must be doing something wrong...

Shanoa: It's not that. You can't stir emotions that don't exist.

Laura: Damn it! Last ditch effort. Do me a favor and bring me some Alexandrite. I'll pull out all the stops. This is going to be the greatest work of my life!


XXXVI.H - Completing Laura’s Fourth Quest

(Shanoa brings the Alexandrite to Laura.)

Laura: The setting is ready. It's studded with all the gems you brought me earlier. Now, I just have to set the Alexandrite you brought me in the center and...! My masterpiece! The Royal Crown is complete! Well? Touching, right?

Shanoa: I lost my emotions. An absent heart cannot stir.

Laura: I see... Guess I couldn't do it. But I CAN do all this. You just took my work to a whole new level. And all this talk about your feelings made me think about my own... Would you take this Royal Crown? Call it a memento.


XXXVI.I - Completing All Laura’s Quest

Laura: Trying so hard to touch your heart... It taught me a few things about mine. I ran away once. My master kept pointing out my faults, and I ran away from him, but my faults came with me. You helped me get rid of them. I know what good I can do now, though. For my work, and for him.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia


XXXVII - Conversation with Eugen


(After releasing Eugen in the Lighthouse, he returns to his blacksmith shop in Wygol Village.)


XXXVII.A - Eugen’s First Quest

Eugen: 3 [Iron Ore].

Shanoa: Excuse me?

Eugen: Your armor's shabby. Bring 3 Iron Ore. Then we'll talk.


XXXVII.B - Completing Eugen’s First Quest

(Shanoa brings the Iron Ores to Eugen.)

Eugen: All right, I'll make a couple of new pieces and put them up on sale at Jacob's store. And no, you don't get them for free. I put my heart and soul
into this.

Shanoa: Of course.

Eugen: But, I also pay my suppliers. So here.

(Shanoa receives 2400 gold from Eugen.)


XXXVII.C - Eugen’s Second Quest

Eugen: You must be having a rough time of it.

Shanoa: I have a mission that I must accomplish.

Eugen: If you say so--not my business. Tell you what: Bring 3 Silver Ore. I'll make you something good.


XXXVII.D - Completing Eugen’s Second Quest

(Shanoa brings the Silver Ores to Eugen.)

Eugen: Good, good. You'll see what I can make with these. Check Jacob's store later. And here's your payment for the materials.

(Shanoa receives 3600 gold from Eugen.)

Eugen: Father Nikolai saved my life way back when. I asked him how to pay that debt, and he just said, "Do what you can." So, here I am, just doing what I
can, where I am, with what I have. You do what you can, too. And if you run into trouble again, come see me.


XXXVII.E - Eugen’s Third Quest

Eugen: Lady, I don't want to know what is you're up against out there. But do this: Bring 3 Gold Ore. I'll beat 'em into shape as best I can for you.

Shanoa: Thank you very much.

Eugen: No thanks needed. We're all just doing what we can out here. That's all there is to it.


XXXVII.F - Completing Eugen’s Third Quest

(Shanoa brings the Gold Ores to Eugen.)

Eugen: Armor needs flexibility, you know. It breaks if it doesn't have that. You can't just take every hit; you've gotta dodge sometimes. You know that. You take a lot of risks out there, don't you?

Shanoa: I appreciate the concern. But I know of no other way.

Eugen: Then I'll just have to make sure you can survive the hits. You know the drill; check Jacob's shop later on. Here's your finder's fee.

(Shanoa receives 7200 gold from Eugen.)


XXXVII.G - Completing All Eugen’s Quest

Eugen: Look, if you have to go out there and push yourself, fine. But if you lose, my armor loses too. So don't die. I don't care if you have to crawl back, just don't die. My reputation's at stake.

Shanoa: I have no intention of dying, Sir.

Eugen: Well, fine. You trust my armor, I'll trust your strength, and that's that.


XXXVIII - Conversation with Aeon

(After releasing Aeon in Minera Prison Island, he returns to his butchery shop in Wygol Village.)


XXXVIII.A - Aeon’s First Quest

Aeon: Welcome! I've been waiting for you. All day, just twiddling my thumbs. Ahem! I'd love to cook for you, but I need some Salt.

Salt is important. People yell at you if you forget to cook with it. Boy, do they yell at you... Um, where was I? Right! Get me Salt. Why don't I go myself? Because I'm the chef. Why should you go get it? Because you're not a chef. That' show things work. Well, get to work, then. My kitchen's going to waste without you!


XXXVIII.B - Completing Aeon’s First Quest

(Shanoa brings the Salt to Aeon.)

Aeon: Ah, Salt. Thanks! You can flavor things with this, you know. Here,
watch! Ta-da! Corn Soup! Just like that. Here, have some. My treat for all
your hard work.

(Shanoa receives Corn Soup from Aeon.)

Aeon: You know, I don't get many customers. Guess people like eating at home
around here. Anyway, I'll start stocking corn soup at the general store.


XXXVIII.C - Aeon’s Second Quest

Aeon: Ah, you surprised me! It gets so quiet in here...

You know, I've been thinking I should cook something exotic for you, but I need ingredients for that. You know, like...Raw Killer Fish! That's the stuff. Let's cook us up some Killer Fish. How hard can it be? Just bring some in, and I'll take a shot at it! Hurry up!


XXXVIII.D - Completing Aeon’s Second Quest

(Shanoa brings Raw Killer Fish to Aeon)

Aeon: Ah, thanks! This must be Raw Killer Fish. You can tell by the way, um,
the, um, fangs, and the thing with the fins...
Killer Fish! Now it's time to break out those old chef instincts, honed in the fires of many a kitchen.

...And voila! Killer Fish BBQ. Bon appetite!

(Shanoa receives Killer Fish BBQ from Aeon.)

Aeon: Wow! Fishtastic! ...Right? I mean, I'll take your word for it. I'm not
going to taste it. Taste is overrated. Last time I tasted my own fish, I passed out and upset some people. Never again!


XXXVIII.E- Aeon’s Third Quest

Aeon: I've finally realized why the restaurants I worked at all went out of business. And I think I know why you're my only customer. Feel free to
disagree, but I think it might be because my food stinks! See, I figured
everyone has different tastes, so why bother trying to make something taste good? Can't please everyone, right? Wrong. I know just the way to turn business around. Bring me some Tasty Meat. Can't go wrong with that! I mean, it must be called that for a reason! So bring me some, please!


XXXVIII.F - Completing Aeon’s Third Quest

(Shanoa brings the Tasty Meat to Aeon.)

Aeon: Ha! No doubt, this is Tasty Meat, all right. The aroma alone gives it away. Now I can cook with pride, just like a full-fledged chef. Here, a special treat for my best and only customer: Thick Steak.

(Shanoa receives Thick Steak from Aeon.)

Aeon: Who knew that paying attention to taste could make food taste better? It's taken me over 20 years to get here, but that's how tough it is to be a chef. I hope you can also become good at your profession by the time you're my age.


XXXVIII.G - Completing All Aeon’s Quest

Aeon: Well, you've made me a master chef. I can't ask any more of you. ...So
why are you still my only customer? Did my cooking get too fancy, or what? That must be it. I raised the bar too high.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia


XXXIX - Conversation with Marcel

(After releasing Marcel in Tymeo Mountains, he returns to Wygol Village.)


XXXIX.A - Marcel’s First Quest

Marcel: So here's a question: Why would the head office put a TOTAL press ban on my story about you? ...What kind of magic did you use again?

Shanoa: ...It's nothing special.

Marcel: Well, it's not my place to pry... On a totally unrelated note, how about you and me strike a little deal?

Shanoa: What sort of deal?

Marcel: I leave you and your magic alone, scrap my story, and you take me some pictures for a different story instead.

(Shanoa receives a Camera.)

Shanoa: Very well.

Marcel: You ever hear of the Cave Troll? It's a hairy beast that sucks your
blood clean out! Track it down and snap a picture or two for me. Careful--it's
skittish!


XXXIX.B - Completing Marcel’s First Quest

(Shanoa brings the Photo 1 to Marcel)

Marcel: So this is really it, eh? Well, it looks just like the rumors say. We're a sports magazine, but we cover a lot of stuff like this for some reason. Anyway, here's your share of the reward.

(Shanoa receives 6000 gold from Marcel.)

Marcel: The magazine should be out at the general store soon. Check it out, if you like.


XXXIX.C - Marcel’s Second Quest


Marcel: Ah, you. I've been waiting. Everybody loved the Cave Troll story. So
now we need to top it! Get me a shot of the Jersey Devil!


XXXIX.D- Completing Marcel’s Second Quest

(Shanoa brings the Photo 2 to Marcel.)

Marcel: Wow! Just...wow! So this is a Jersey Devil! And it's neither a devil, nor wearing a jersey... Well, whatever. Our readers'll eat it up anyway. Here's your cut. Enjoy!

(Shanoa receives 8000 gold form Marcel.)

Marcel: The magazine will be at the store, so check it out. That's what the pros do.


XXXIX.E - Marcel’s Third Quest

Marcel: All right, your next mark's some white, furry snowman called a Yeti. I heard your photos alone have more than doubled our circulation! So keep it up! We're counting on you!


XXXIX.F - Completing Marcel’s Third Quest

(Shanoa brings the Photo 3 to Marcel.)

Marcel: So the Yeti is real too, eh? Never would have guessed. Well, this is huge! Here's your cut. Nice going!

(Shanoa receives 12000 gold from Marcel.)

Marcel: I might start hearing offers from a better paper soon! Well, the mag's at the general store, as usual. Make sure to check it out.


XXXIX.G- Completing All Marcel’s Quest

Marcel: You're not going to believe this: the Chief fired me. He only wanted his serious little sports articles. Bah! Well, whatever. I was thinking of settling here anyway. With the Yeti and the Cave Troll. And, you know, Laura the jeweler...


XLI - Conversation with George

(After releasing George in Skeleton Cave, he returns to Wygol Village.)


XLI.A - George’s First Quest

George: Your timing is impeccable! For I have just composed an ode to terror! And now, I shall record it for all time, upon this--my friend's phonograph! Lend your ears, as I play upon this...this...

Shanoa: Hmm?

George: ...This broken violin. That I forgot was broken. Oh, damn it all.

Ahem! Would you kindly procure me some Horse Hair, that I might make a new bow?


XLI.B - Completing George’s First Quest

(Shanoa brings the Horse Hair to George.)

George: Many thanks! I shall now record the piece. The record will go on sale at the general store--and you can be its first buyer!


XLI.C - George’s Second Quest

George: The Banshee's wail is said to be an omen of death. Far too dangerous to risk recording...unless you care to volunteer! Here, just use the phonograph when the banshee wails! You'll be fine, I'm sure!

(Shanoa receives a Phonograph.)


XLI.D - Completing George’s Second Quest

(Shanoa brings the Banshee's Wail to George.)

George: Wonderful! Well, I'll need that [phonograph] back to record the piece.
But please, give it a listen when the record arrives at the general store.


XLI.E - George’s Third Quest

George: And now for my magnum opus...but I need the proper tools to write it down. Black Ink and an Eagle Feather, to be precise. Well, hop to it!

Shanoa: Doesn't the general store sell pens and ink?

George: Ah, but no ordinary quill can express the tortured soul of a true artist! I wouldn't expect you to understand-no one does.


XLI.F - Completing George’s Third Quest

(Shanoa brings the Black Ink and Eagle Feather to George.)

George: Thank you, milady! Now, with this mighty quill, I engrave my place in the hallowed scroll of history! This haunted land has blessed me with its taints and torments. Oh, and buy the record at the general store.


XLI.G - Completing All George’s Quest

George: After I recorded my final piece, the [phonograph] I borrowed from a friend exploded! That's the price of art, I say...but my friend will likely disagree. Perhaps I'll stay a while, here. Where he's less likely to find me.


XLII - Conversation with Serge

(After rescuing Serge in Somnus Reef, he returns in Wygol Village.)


XLII.A - Looking for Mom

Serge: Sis came home, but Mom hasn't yet... What if she...!?


XLII.B - Serge’s First Quest

Serge: Hey, lady, what if we get kidnapped again? Would you still save us?

Shanoa: I make no promises.

Serge: Well, I know how we can find out! Okay, here's the rules: I'm going to go hide. And I'm going to count to 15, and you find me before I finish! There's a prize, even! Okay, here I go!


XLII.C - Failing Serge’s First Quest

Serge: Time's up! C'mon, lady, you can do better than that!


XLII.D - Completing Serge’s First Quest

Serge: Hey, you did it! You really did find me. Here's the prize. It's like a "thank you"!

(Shanoa receives Red Drops from Serge.)

Serge: Okay, I'm going to go now. Come over again sometime!


XLII.E - Serge’s Second Quest

Serge: Hey lady, you ever see an Owl? 'Cause I hear it's good luck if you
see one, and I think I could use some good luck, just in case. So if you see
an Owl, could you bring it over? I'll give you something neat if you do!


XLII.F - Completing Serge’s First Quest

(Shanoa shows the Owl familiar to Serge.)

Serge: Wow! A real Owl! Thanks, Lady! Here, it's a present for you. Come over again!

(Shanoa receives Blue Drops from Serge.)


XLII.G - Serge’s Third Quest

Serge: I'm bad at blind tag. When it's all dark, I get scared and I can't move. You don't get scared, though, do you? Hey, can you show me how it's done? Put on a blindfold and catch me before I count to 30!


XLII.H - Failing Serge’s Third Quest

Serge: Time's up! So, what? Are you afraid of the dark too?


XLII.I - Completing Serge’s Third Quest

Serge: Lady, you're amazing! You caught me when you couldn't even see! Guess
you can do that cause you're so brave! Thanks for showing me that. Here, take this.

(Shanoa receives Green Drops from Serge.)


XLII.J - Completing All Serge’s Quest

Serge: You know, I keep on asking you for help or hoping for good luck... But I think I get it now. I have to be tough and brave on my own. So I'll work on that.


XLII.K - Albus’ Advice

Serge: Everyone keeps saying that the man who kidnapped us is a bad guy. I
don't know, though... I think maybe they're wrong, 'cause he said something to me... He said, "You have to grow strong enough to protect your kid sister."


XLIII - Conversation with Anna

(After releasing Anna in a hidden cavern in Somnus Reef, she returns to Wygol Village with her cat, Tom.)


XLIII.A - Looking for Serge and Irina

Anna: My mom and big brother haven't come home yet... I hope they're okay...


XLIII.B - Looking for Mom

Anna: My brother came back, but Mom still hasn't...


XLIII.C - Anna’s First Quest

Anna: Who... are you...

Shanoa: ...!?

Anna: I thought...I'd gotten...rid of that...annoying cat, and now...you...!

Shanoa: Demonic possession?

Anna: Please, Miss... I have to... ...find Tom... Probably on a tall tree...

Shanoa: Ah, the cat. I'll find him.


XLIII.D - Completing Anna’s First Quest

(Shanoa brings Tom to Anna.)

Tom: Hissss!! Grrrowr!!

Anna: Damn...cat! That FLOWER you swallowed...? No!! Grrraaaargh!

Tom: Mrowr.

Anna: Thank you for bringing Tom, Miss. Tom protects me from evil spirits. He
must have been off looking for the flower that wards them off. Oh? Tom has something in his mouth. Here, you can have it, Miss.

(Shanoa receives Black Drops from Anna.)


XLIII.E - Anna’s Second Quest

Anna: Miss, you remember Tom, don't you? My friend, Tom the cat? He's been
acting tired since he drove away that spirit the other day. Will he get better
if we give him a Mouse? They're too fast for me to catch... So... would you
catch a Mouse for Tom? Please?


XLIII.F- Completing Anna’s Second Quest

(Shanoa brings a Mouse to Anna.)

Anna: Wow! Thank you! You'll get better now, right Tom? Here! It's a treasure I found a long time ago. You can have it, Miss!

(Shanoa receives Heart Earrings from Anna.)


XLIII.G - Anna’s Third Quest

Anna: Miss! Tom isn't getting any better. I asked Father Nikolai and He said
the flower that wards off evil is toxic! But Tom ate a lot of it to protect me! Is that, why he's so sick?

Shanoa: Hm...

Anna: Then he said all I need is another kind of charm or something...
Um...it's a stone called ch...ch... Chrysoberyl. Can you find one?


XLIII.H - Bringing the Chrysoberyl

(Shanoa brings the Chrysoberyl to Anna.)

Anna: Oh! Is this Chrysoberyl? Thank you! But Tom has no way to carry a stone... If only it were like an accessory, then Tom could wear it.


XLIII.I - Cat Collar

(In Laura’s house.)

Laura: Oh...? You have a new gem. Here, I'll appraise it for you.

Shanoa: Please do.

Laura: ...Wow. This is Chrysoberyl. And a rare cat's eye color, at that.

Shanoa: Cat's eye?

Laura: There's a streak of light and it looks like a cat's eye, so they call it that. Oh, yeah, Irina's girl Anna has a cat. You can compare it with the real thing.

Shanoa: You mean Tom.

Laura: That girl gets possessed easily, and Tom the cat apparently protects her. It must be tough for him; desperate to save Anna.

Shanoa: Anna wants to help Tom with a charm.

Laura: ...! That's it! That's the way to do it! We can give Chrysoberyl to those kids... That'd ward off evil! I'll make a charmed collar.

Shanoa: All right. Please do that.

Laura: Long ago, an order for a dog collar got canceled. That'll come in handy now. Attach this, adjust it to a shorter length, and look! It's done.

(Shanoa receives the Cat Collar from Laura.)

Laura: It's for those kids. No need to pay me. Hurry along and give it to them.


XLIII.C - Completing Anna’s Third Quest

(Shanoa brings the Cat Collar to Anna.)

Anna: Oh! This cat collar has the Chrysoberyl on it! It's perfect for Tom!

Tom: ...Meow.

Anna: Thank you, Miss. Now, Tom won't have to hurt himself to protect me. Here, please, it's a Ribbon for you, Miss. My greatest treasure! Well, except for Tom. It'll be all right, as long as he and I are together!

(Shanoa receives the Ribbon from Anna.)


XLIII.D - A Man with a Whip

Anna: You know, I have strange dreams sometimes. A dream where a man with a
whip is fighting something. Fighting something scary.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia


XLIV- Conversation with Monica

(After releasing Monica in Kalidus Channel, she returns in Wygol Village.)


XLIV.A - Monica’s First Quest

Monica: Listen, I... There isn't much I can do to thank you, but please! Please let me make a dress. ...Would that be good enough?

Shanoa: Thank you, but I do not need a dress.

Monica: Oh. Well... you're right. My dresses wouldn't be--

Shanoa: You misunderstand. Dresses don't suit me.

Monica: Well... Well, hang on! I bet I CAN make a dress you'd look good in. Let's see... Cotton! That's what we need. Where's the cotton? Oh, no! I'm out of cotton thread. I'm always doing this... And I need at least 5 Cotton Thread to make a dress! Sigh... Maybe you shouldn't have even bothered saving me...


XLIV.B - Completing Monica’s First Quest

(Shanoa brings the Cotton Threads to Monica.)

Monica: Y-You brought me Cotton Thread? You went out of your way just for me? I'll make your dress in a flash! And...done! A Cotton Dress. Please
accept it.

(Shanoa receives a Cotton Dress from Monica.)


Monica: Maybe I should make more, and sell them at the general store. Not that you need to bother, but if you'd like another, you could buy one.


XLIV.C - Monica’s Second Quest

Monica: Listen, I wanted to repay you, but I ended up sending you on some silly errand instead. How rude of me! This time, please let me repay you properly. With this Silk Thread...

...... Oh, no! The silkworms all died while I was gone. No more thread... And I'd need at least 5 Silk Thread to make a Silk dress! I keep on doing this... Maybe I should just crawl into a hole...


XLIV.D - Completing Monica’s Second Quest

(Shanoa brings the Silk Threads to Monica)

Monica: Th-This is [Silk Thread]! Did you go get these just for me? I'm sooo touched! So touched that I finished making the dress somehow! A Silk Dress. Please accept it.

(Shanoa receives a Silk Dress from Monica.)

Monica: Maybe I'll keep making these, and have them sold in the general store. Um...if you'd like... Only if you'd like, please consider buying...them.


XLIV.E - Monica’s Third Quest

Monica: I'm so sorry! That's TWO fetch errands I've sent you on now. And you've done them both, and I still haven't properly repaid you... Wait. I know
how: cashmere. The greatest material ever created... Wait, no. I don't even
know what it looks like! Silly me, trying to make a dress from material I've
never seen... But if I HAD 5 Cashmere Thread, I could make you the most wonderful dress... Stupid Monica. I can't make a dress like that!


XLIV.F - Completing Monica’s Third Quest

(Shanoa brings the Cashmere Threads to Monica.)

Monica: Th-This is Cashmere Thread? Where did you FIND these? For me?
Y-You're amazing! So amazing that I just made this dress instantly! A
Party Dress. Please accept it.

(Shanoa receives a Party Dress from Monica.)

Monica: I'll make others, and I'll have them sold at the general store. You could buy them. If you wanted to. By mistake, maybe.


XLIV.G - Completing All Monica’s Quest

Monica: Ha! Look at poor little Monica. Can't do a thing without someone else to bring her materials. Then again, I do seem to know how to make a dress, and if I could get my own materials...


XLV - Conversation with Irina

(After releasing Irina in a hidden cavern behind the waterfalls of Tristis Pass, she returns to her family in Wygol Village.)


XLIV.A - Irina’s First Quest

Irina: Oh, good, you're here. I actually wanted to ask you a favor. ...It's rather complicated, I'm afraid. You see, some Crows have been running amok
around here lately.

Shanoa: ...Crows.

Irina: I wonder if there's a nest. Anyway, they're so vicious. Always peck-peck- pecking and swooping at people... Could you get rid of, I don't know, 30 of them? It'd be a big help. Thanks! I owe you.

Shanoa: Right.


XLIV.B - Completing Irina’s First Quest

(After killing 30 Black Crows, Shanoa returns to Irina’s house.)

Irina: I'm sorry about the other day. Asking you to get rid of all those Crows. I can be so impatient when there're things to do. Keeps me up at night. But...you really did it for me! Those Crows won't be nearly such a bother anymore. Thanks! And here, this is about all I have for you--please accept it.

(Shanoa receives a Mocha Éclair from Irina.)


XLIV.C- Irina’s Second Quest

Irina: Hey, you! I was just thinking about you! You know, there's this nice boy I know; he'd be perfect for you. I'll introduce you!

Shanoa: That isn't necessary...

Irina: What're you saying? Don't tell me some man has you in his clutches already. Men are beasts, you know. Especially the ones out there, howling at the moon, keeping me up. Could you get rid of, say, 10 of them for me? Really? You'll do it? Thanks! I owe you.

Shanoa: ...Think nothing of it.


XLIV.D - Completing Irina’s Second Quest

(After killing 10 Werewolves, Shanoa returns to Irina’s house.)

Irina: I'm sorry, again. Asking you to go out and fight Werewolf creatures... It's just that, when things need doing, I keep on thinking about them until they get done! But now I can rest easy. So here, for you.

(Shanoa receives a Tart Tatin from Irina.)

Irina: So, were those monsters wolves? Or were they human?

Shanoa: I'm not sure...

Irina: Well, that's going to bother me for a while... Hmm...


XLIV.E - Sleeping Problem

Irina: Even with the howling gone, it's hard for me to sleep.


XLIV.F - Irina’s Third Quest

Irina: I heard from Father Nikolai you're chasing a vampire? Is there anything I can do?

Shanoa: No, I...

Irina: Oh, really? But you know, speaking of vampires, there is a rumor going around: a vampire from the Orient is in the Large Cavern. How terrifying! How could anyone sleep at night with such a thing on the loose? Can you get rid of it? Great! I owe you.

Shanoa: Of course.


XLIV.G - Completing Irina’s Third Quest

(After killing Jiang Shi in Large Cavern, Shanoa returns to Irina’s house.)

Irina: You know, really, I don't always ask this much of people. Especially not where vampires are concerned. But somebody had to do it. And now we're all happy it's done! Please, you must take your reward.

(Shanoa receives the Winged Boots from Irina.)


XLIV.H - Completing All Irina’s Quest

Irina: It's never easy for a woman to raise two children alone. But when they smile, all the hardship just disappears. There's really nothing I'd rather be
doing than living for my children.


XLV - Conversation with Daniela

(After releasing Daniela in Giant’s Dwelling, she returns to his house in Wygol Village.)


XLV.A - Daniela’s First Quest

Daniela: Oh, you came. I'm so happy. I was about to bake a cake. Make yourself at home.

Shanoa: Thank you, but I--

Daniela: My Grandfather and I would always bake together. That man loved sweets. Especially in the middle of a good, old-fashioned monster hunt.

Shanoa: Monster hunt? You mean--!?

Daniela: Nothing better than the view from atop the Lighthouse after an epic battle. I'd love to see that horizon again... Say, you do draw?

Shanoa: Draw...? You don't mean from the Lighthouse!

Daniela: I'll give you a sketchbook. When you get to the top, draw the view for me. There's still time until the cake is done baking. Come back then.

(Shanoa receives a Sketchbook.)


XLV.B - Completing Daniela’s First Quest

(Shanoa brings the Lighthouse Art to Daniela.)

Daniela: Oh, what a wonderful drawing. This is for me? ...My, it's such a lovely view! But how could you have possibly known?

Shanoa: You...told me.

Daniela: Oh, silly child, I'd remember if I had. But such splendid talent deserves a special prize. Here, I've no need of this.

(Shanoa receives a Garbo Hat from Daniela.)

Daniela: Come again, and we'll share a nice cup of tea.


XLV.C - Daniela’s Second Quest

Daniela: How strange. I just had a feeling that you might be coming. I wonder why. Perhaps we're distant relatives, by chance? Where were you born?

Shanoa: I'm sorry, but I don't remember.

Daniela: Oh, that's fine. Where you were born isn't a big deal. What's important is where you die. I want to die near the falls at Tristis Pass. Grandfather and I used to train there. Now, it's where he rests... Oh, won't you do a drawing of that waterfall? I'm sure you'd do a beautiful job.

Shanoa: Another drawing?

Daniela: Please. A drawing of Tristis Pass waterfall. I'll look forward to it.


XLV.D - Completing Daniela’s Second Quest

(Shanoa brings the Waterfall Art to Daniela)

Daniela: Oh, this the waterfall at Tristis Pass. I mastered the secret arts there.

Shanoa: Secret... arts?

Daniela: Well, that doesn't matter. I have to repay you for this splendid drawing... Oh, yes. How about this? I don't know what it's for, but it's very nice.

(Shanoa receives a Treasure Hat from Daniela.)

Daniela: You'll come again, right? You don't have to say it. I have a feeling
you will.


XLV.E - Daniela’s Third Quest

Daniela: I was just gazing at the drawings you did for me. Look, they're very fine.

Shanoa: I don't understand... I...I lost my emotions.

Daniela: Did you really? I never noticed. But yes, if you live for a long time, you tend to lose all sorts of things. I lost my hat last week. What was it before that? I've lost a lot of things. But the saddest was when I lost Grandfather. I cried till my tears ran out. Say, won't you draw the church where I lost Grandfather? It's on Oblivion Ridge, and there's a tiny cross there. It's sad, but I want to make sure I remember it. If you draw it, I'll be able to remember both you and Grandfather.

Shanoa: The church is in Oblivion Ridge...


XLV.F - Completing Daniela’s Third Quest

(Shanoa brings the Church Art to Daniela.)

Daniela: Oh, you drew it for me. Drawings are so great. The same scenery is
completely different between artists. And these days, they have those
photographs--a reporter showed me. But I like these drawings a hundred times better, because you drew them.

Shanoa: ......

Daniela: This is my thanks for the drawing. Please keep it. I hope it's enough for all you've given me. We've lost lots of things, but...sometimes we gain things too, you know? Like you, for example. Like myself. We've each gained a friend. Now, those are priceless, so let's not lose them. Do come again, Shanoa. You're always welcome here.

(Shanoa receives Dowsing Hat from Daniela.)

XLV.C - Completing All Daniela’s Quest

Daniela: Say, Shanoa, when it's all over, why don't the two of us go on a picnic?

Shanoa: When it's all over?

Daniela: I can sort of tell that you're up against something serious. When it's over, come on by. I'll prepare a lovely cake for your return.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia


XLVI - Conversation with the Cats

(Shanoa equips the Arma Felix Glyph in order for her to understand the language of the cats.)


XLVI.A - Funny Names

Tofu: Hi! I'm Tofu! Our names are kind of funny, huh? Think so? We came from
far away, but now I really like it here!


XLVI.B - Pile of Rocks

Tofu: Have you seen a pile of pretty rocks? Break 'em and... uh... I forget.


XLVI.C - Important Secrets

SoybeanFlour: New around here, huh? make sure you say hi to my feline friends.
We know...secrets. Important ones.


XLVI.D - Scary Machine

SoybeanFlour: Get spotted in prison and a scary machine comes out. ...But
that doesn't mean it's not worth fighting.


XLVI.E - Secret in a Black Room

Ink: In a room as black as me, there's some treasure, see? Get rid of the
ouchy things and you're home free.


XLVI. F - Protecting Anna

Tom: I'll protect Anna, even if she is high maintenance...


XLVI. G - I Won’t Lose!

Tom: Why isn't my body moving? Ugh... Grrrr... I won't lose to some stupid evil spirit!


XLVI.H - Returning the Favor

Tom: …I was wet and cold, so Anna gave me warm milk. …and wrapped me all up. She took care of me, so I’m gonna return the favor and protect her!

…Pretty soon, I’ll show that spirit who’s boss…!


XLVI. I - Best Collar Ever

Tom: Score! This has got to be the best collar ever. In all my years, I've
never had anything so fancy. ...little tight, though.


Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments