Castlevania Order of Ecclesia Game Script 1 of 3

Game Script
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Prologue:

Research Introduction--

Returning to life time and again since the ancient middle ages, the evil lord Dracula has driven people to terror. Each time Dracula returned from the dead,
the Belmont clan fought him in the shadows, wielding the holy whip.

Through their efforts, humanity avoided darkness, securing prosperity.

But, early in the 19th century, having lost their ability to resist the darkness, those in positions of power at the time began to search for new ways to counter Dracula.

Our organization, Ecclesia, was born then as one of those countermeasures.

Many organizations were established with the same goal, and say after day, they conducted their studies diligently, but each was dissolved when they failed to produce satisfactory results.

But that was when Barlowe, the leader of Ecclesia, finally made a surprising breakthrough that could stand up against Dracula.


I - The Chosen

(At Ecclesia.)

(Shanoa enters the entrance.)

Shanoa: Who's there?

Albus: ...Figures. Serves me right for trying to scare you.

(Albus shows up.)

Shanoa: Albus!

Albus: Apparently I didn't hide my presence very well at all. Good to see you, Shanoa.

Shanoa: What are you doing here?

Albus: Well, this is our home, after all. Where else would I be?

Shanoa: No, it's not that. Aren't you on a mission?

Albus: Yes, but I wanted to make sure things were okay here. Any news worth
sharing?

Shanoa: Well... Barlowe chose me as the bearer, actually. We're about to start
the ritual, so my body can be a vessel for Dominus.

Albus: What did you say!? Dominus... you?

Shanoa: That's right.

Albus: This is an outrage! Barlowe lied to me!

Shanoa: Lied?

Albus: I'm supposed to be the bearer. He promised me that much!

Shanoa: But, the master said you--

Albus: What? What did he tell you?

Shanoa: ...that you're unfit... to be the bearer.

Albus: ...!? He would never say such a thing!

Shanoa: But Albus--

(A bell rings somewhere.)

Shanoa: I'm sorry; it's time. I have to go.

Albus: Wait, Shanoa! You don't understand!

Shanoa: You're wrong. I'm as much a member of Ecclesia as you are. Our sole
purpose is to destroy Dracula, so people can look to dawn without fearing the
darkness. Am I wrong, Albus?

Albus: That isn't--

Shanoa: For that reason, I will become Dominus, the blade to banish all evil.

Albus: Shanoa...!

Albus: …...

(Shanoa leaves.)

Albus: How could he!?

Albus: Orders may be orders, Barlowe... But I'm holding you to your promise.


II - Betrayal

(In Ecclesia’s top chamber.)

Barlowe: Shanoa, as you know, only you can become the bearer of Dominus.

Shanoa: Yes, Sir.

Barlowe: Even so, it will be nearly impossible for you to control with its power. The purpose of this ritual is to make sure your body will adjust to Dominus.

Shanoa: Yes, Sir. But when it's over, I--

Barlowe: That's right, Shanoa. You will be able to wield our most powerful Glyph... Dominus, which Ecclesia created as the ultimate weapon against
Dracula.

(Shanoa draws closer to a glowing object.)

Barlowe: I'm proud of you, Shanoa. You will become our world's new savior.

(Barlowe unleashes his 3 books which contain the 3 Dominus glyphs. Shanoa begins to absorb the glyphs but a sudden interruption changes what was highly anticipated.)

Barlowe: What's going on!?

Shanoa: Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

(Albus shows up having the 3 books which contain the Dominus glyphs.)

Shanoa: You... Who...are...?

Albus: ......

(Shanoa pass out.)

Barlowe: What is the meaning of this!? Albus! You know how crucial the ritual
is!

Albus: You lied to me.

Barlowe: Albus--

Albus: I was to be the bearer. You promised me!

Barlowe: We each have a role! If you had followed orders, you might understand
that. Above all else, Shanoa is the only one with the capacity for Dominus.
You know that as well as I do.

Albus: I intended to overcome my weakness. What happened to working together?

Barlowe: Perhaps we still can. Together, we will overcome this setback as well...

Albus: It's too late.

Barlowe: Tell me, Albus. What do you intend to do with Dominus?

Albus: ...

You said it yourself: each of us has a role. And, like a fine master, you've finally shown me what mine must be.

Barlowe: Don't be stupid, Albus! What are you planning?

Albus: I will be taking [Dominus].

Barlowe: Be rational! Without that Glyph, our mission is a failure! Dracula's vessel--

Albus: I have my own mission.

(Albus points his gun at Barlowe.)

Barlowe: Tch!

(Barlowe steps back and unleash a spell. Albus shoots an energy orb. The two spells collided and repel each other’s attacks.)

Albus: You are my master no longer... Farewell, Barlowe.

(Albus leaves.)


III - The Training

Several weeks pass...

(In Ecclesia.)

Barlowe: Your training regimen shall soon conclude.

Shanoa: As you say, Sir.

Barlowe: We tap the power in all things, great and small, to forge Glyphs through Ecclesia's secret art. And so we gain the strength to save mankind. Absorb the Glyph before you, if you would.

Tutorial: You can absorb the Glyph on the screen by press [ Up ]. Absorbing it
grants the Glyph and 10 hearts.


III.A - Talking to Barlowe (A)

Barlowe: What are you doing? Take in that Glyph.


III.B - Absorbing the Glyph

(Shanoa absorbs the glyph.)

Shanoa: A Rapier Glyph?

Barlowe: Just so. And now you see: absorb a Glyph, and you shall know its kind. That is your gift; it's yours and yours alone.

Shanoa: As you say, Sir.

Barlowe: ......

That I must teach you from the start again... A pity that this had to happen now. But still, our time is waning. Moving on...

Shanoa: As you say, Sir.

Barlowe: That Glyph--direct its power toward your arms.


III.C - Using the Glyphs

Barlowe: So armed, you can wield Glyphs against your foes. Imagine I am one of
them, and strike!

Barlowe: No need to hesitate. Attack me with that Glyph.

(Shanoa attacks Barlowe thrice and later executes a combo.)

Barlowe: Your memories may have fled, but you must not. Hear me--your
warrior's instincts must endure. Now meld the Glyphs in both your arms.
Prepare; Glyph Unions may yet catch foes by surprise.

Barlowe: The Glyph Union, Shanoa. Search your mind.

(Shanoa executes the Glyph Union.)

Barlowe: So skillful!

Now, you face the final test: the danger of true combat. Steel yourself. Then, once prepared, step into the next room.

Shanoa: As you say, Sir.


III.D - Talking to Barlowe (B)

Barlowe: We do not have time. When you are ready, go to the next room.


III.E - Putting the Skills to Test

(Shanoa enters the next room. Barlowe conjures skeletons out from netherworld.)

Barlowe: From netherworlds, I call your enemy! Use everything you've learned
to stand your ground. And be our greatest warrior once again!

(Shanoa destroyed all skeletons summoned.)

Barlowe: So ends your basic training. Now advance!

(Shanoa enters the next room, where Barlowe waits.)

Barlowe: Shanoa, I expected nothing less.

Shanoa: Thank you, Sir.

Barlowe: And now, your mission must begin at once. Recover the supreme Glyph, Dominus. My pupil has it--Albus is his name.

Shanoa: Albus...

Barlowe: Does that name stir your memory, by chance?

Shanoa: No, Sir.

Barlowe: Your feelings, then? You knew of him, before.

Shanoa: I know nothing of him now, Sir.

Barlowe: Know this: it's he who robbed your memories blind. He cost you that,
and cost mankind its wish. Its only hope, and you must take it back.

Shanoa: The ritual... That man I saw...

Barlowe: That man was Albus.

Shanoa: ...This is all his doing. But why?

Barlowe: He coveted your power, and your fate. But Dominus was yours alone to
bear. Had I explained, perhaps you'd still be whole.

Shanoa: ......

Barlowe: ...But no time now for wishes or regrets. With Dominus, we two can
save the world--from nothing less than Dracula himself! Retrieve it, and we burn him back to dust. There's nothing else that's ever mattered more.

Shanoa: It shall be done, Sir.

Barlowe: You truly are a blessing on us all. And we have one advantage: Dominus cannot be used by ordinary men. Not even Albus; it requires you. No flesh but yours can ever host a Glyph. You see now why I chose you for this task.

Shanoa: I do, Sir.

Barlowe: But Albus has a keen and cunning mind. With time, he may yet find
another way. So find him first--before his trail grows cold!

Shanoa: I shall, Sir.

Barlowe: Shanoa, bring him back unharmed, unless... Unless he proves too
stubborn. Understood?

Shanoa: Yes.

Barlowe: Our hopes go with you... All the world's, and mine.


III.F - Talking to Barlowe (C)

Barlowe: I'm counting on you...

(Shanoa leaves.)


IV - A Conversation with Barlowe

IV.A - Crouching

Barlowe: Crouch down to check for treasures in the earth.


IV.B - Evading

Barlowe: Don't panic if an enemy flings you. Just jump or back-dash to regain
control.


IV.C - Encouragement

Barlowe: You've always been a gifted warrior... Your latent talent has not lost its spark. I've faith in you; you will fulfill your role.


IV.D - Finding Enemy’s Weaknesses

Barlowe: In Castlevania's shadow, evil thrives. Its memory alone attracts foul
fiends. To win, one must exploit their weaknesses. The skeleton, for one. He shrugs off ice, but fire devastates. And, of course, a simple, violent blow
works wonders too.


IV.E - A Brother

Barlowe: Poor Albus was a brother to you once. He genuinely cared.


IV.F - Timing of Execution

Barlowe: With Glyphs in both arms, alternate to launch a series of attacks.
But know this too: The timing varies. Practice, and you'll see.


V - Monastery

(At the Monastery topmost floor. Shanoa found Albus after defeating a boss.)

Albus: Shanoa! Still slaving away for the old man, are we?

Shanoa: You... I've seen you before. Your name is Albus, is it not?

Albus: Well, yes...

Shanoa: By order of my master, I'm to retrieve the Dominus Glyph and return you home.

Albus: Home, you say? I have none. The old man saw to that.

Shanoa: It was not a request.

(Shanoa approaches Albus, but he teleports to the entrance of the room.)

Albus: Intriguing... I recall you being a great deal more graceful than that. And you've forgotten your skill with Glyphs as well.

Shanoa: I have forgotten, thanks to you.

Albus: Is that so? Well, I'm never going back. Remember to tell the old man for me.

Shanoa: You must. By order of Master Barlowe--

Albus: Never say that name again!

(Albus points his gun at Shanoa.)

Shanoa: Concentrate, Shanoa...

(Shanoa crouches to avoid his attack.)

Albus: Well, I'd best be off... Take care, Shanoa.

(Albus leaves. Shanoa finds a map in the floor.)

Shanoa: Hmm... He marked a village on this map.


VI- Saving Nikolai in Wygol Village

(At Wygol Village. Shanoa finds the place empty except a man who is trap inside a crystal. Above him is a Glyph.)

Shanoa: A Glyph... This is Albus's doing.

(Shanoa absorbs the Glyph. The crystal breaks releasing the trap man.)

Nikolai: At last!

Shanoa: Who did this to you?

Nikolai: You must help the others! Everyone in the village has been taken!

Shanoa: By whom?

Nikolai: That man! He spirited away the other 12, and then imprisoned me.

...But the Lord must have sent you to our aid. Please deliver the others!

Shanoa: Can you tell me where the man went?

Nikolai: If... If I'm not mistaken, he said something about the Prison Island.

Shanoa: I see...

Nikolai: Long ago, criminals were banished to that forsaken place... Some say
their souls still wander the island, which is forever cursed.

Shanoa: Where is it?

Nikolai: You can get there through these very woods. Please, you must save them!

Shanoa: Did Albus really take the villagers to Prison Island? ...and for what purpose?


VII - Saving Jacob in Kalidus Channel

(At Kalidus Channel. Shanoa enters a small room where she finds another villager of Wygol trapped inside a crystal. She absorbs the Glyph to free the man.)

Jacob: Whew! Hey, you saved me. Thanks! I'm Jacob. Got a general store in Wygol Village. And on that note, I should probably get back to it! But listen, I might have some things you can use. Come by the shop, and we'll do business!

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia


VIII - An Unlikely Reward

(At Minera Prison Island’s underground basement. Shanoa found Albus in a laboratory room.)

Shanoa: Albus!

Albus: Impressive, Shanoa. It's fortunate I already prepared you a reward...

(Albus releases a Glyph which is one of the Dominus.)

Albus: It's the best I can do, for the time being. This Dominus is what you came for, is it not? Go ahead and take it.



VIII.A - Talking to Albus

Albus: That's what you came for, isn't it? No time to waste.


VIII.B - Absorbing the Glyph

Shanoa: It really is Dominus. What are you thinking?

Albus: Figured... With that much power, it's impossible to conceal its source.

Shanoa: The source of Dominus? What does that mean?

Albus: What it means, dear, is that I was right.

Shanoa: This is your last chance; come back to Ecclesia.

Albus: We've been over this... My place is no longer as the old man's errand boy. I have a role to fulfill, and fulfill it I shall.

(Albus vanishes in sight.)

Shanoa: How was he able to create a Glyph without casting it? I thought only I could-- Master Barlowe should hear of this.


VIII.C - Reporting to Barlowe

(Shanoa returns to Ecclesia to deliver a report.)

Barlowe: He spintered Dominus and formed a Glyph...

Shanoa: Yes, but he gave it to me instead of using it.

Barlowe: I see. I underestimated him. To come so far, so quickly... How could he? But giving it to you... Deliberately?

Shanoa: Yes, Sir.

Barlowe: What plan could that be part of?

Shanoa: He said... he had a role to fulfill.

Barlowe: ...If nothing else, a piece of Dominus now rests with us, instead
of in his hands. Our task remains just as it was before. One piece is found;
the rest must be retrieved.

Shanoa: Leave it to me. ...There may still be clues at the Prison Island.


VIII.D - Talking to Barlowe

Barlowe: I'm counting on you...


VIII. E - Saving Abram in Minera Prison Island

(Shanoa investigated the Island further until she enters a room with a trapped villager inside a crystal. Shanoa absorbs the Glyph to free the man.)

Abram: Ha-ha! Rescued at last--but only to be butchered by this she-devil!

Shanoa: I have no interest in butchering you, Sir.

Abram: You promise? Well, um, thank you! I guess. That's what you say when people save your life, right? I'm Abram. I'm the town's official healer.
Please come visit my establishment... IF YOU DARE!


IX - Saving Eugen in the Lighthouse

(At the Lighthouse. Shanoa defeated the boss of the place and enters a room where she finds another villager trapped in a crystal. She absorbs the Glyph above the crystal to free him.)

Eugen: ...Thank you.

Shanoa: Did the man who bound you say anything?

Eugen: I don't remember hearing his voice, but I saw his eyes. He's got a purpose. I can tell you that. Good or bad purpose? That I couldn't say.

Shanoa: I see.

Eugen: I'm going back to the village. I'm worried about Father Nikolai. And you...

Shanoa: What about me?

Eugen: How the hell'd you get all this way in that flimsy gear? Come see me in the village. I'll suit you up proper.

Shanoa: I'd appreciate it.

(Eugen leaves. Shanoa enters the next room.)

Shanoa: He must have passed this way... It's the only path.


X - Saving Monica in Kalidus Channel

(At Kalidus Channel. Shanoa ends up in a room next to a sunken ship full of treasures. There she finds a villager trapped inside a crystal. She absorbs the Glyph above to free the young lady inside it.)

Monica: Oh! Wh-What did I do to deserve to be saved by such a beautiful angel?
I'm... I'm Monica. I'm... a seamstress in the village. Um... Please, let me
repay you! If you're in the village, come see me!


XI - Saving Laura in Tymeo Mountains

(In a room on one of the cliffs of Tymeo Mountains. Shanoa finds another villager trapped inside a crystal. She absorbs the Glyph above to free the woman inside.)

Laura: Uh... Mmm. Where am I...?

Shanoa: You're awake.

Laura: Last thing I remember was a man walking in... Was that a dream?

Shanoa: No, that was...

Laura: Eh, I don't want to know. Whatever's past is past, right? Time to go home. I've got work to do.

Shanoa: What sort of work?

Laura: I craft jewelry. Name's Laura.


XII - Saving George in Skeleton Cave

(Shanoa defeated the boss in Skeleton Cave and proceed further to the next room. There she finds Albus trapping a villager in a crystal.)

Shanoa: Let that man go, Albus.

Albus: As you wish, my dear. I was just finishing up, so he's all yours.

Shanoa: Why involve the villagers? This doesn't concern them.

Albus: Doesn't it? Worry not, dear Shanoa, everything will make sense when my
plan is complete.

(Albus vanishes in sight. Shanoa absorbs the Glyph above to free the man.)

George: So kind of you to save me.

Shanoa: Did he do anything strange? Where are the others?

George: He drew some of my blood and chanted a few words... As for the others, I heard him say he was going to the village. I'm worried.

Shanoa: The village again...? What is Albus trying to do?


XIII - Blood Samples

(In Wygol Village, Nikolai approaches Shanoa.)

Nikolai: You must help us! ...That man has returned.

Shanoa: You need to tell me what he's done.

Nikolai: Just thinking of it chills my soul--he used a device to take some of our blood.

...Could he be the monster whispered of in legend? ...Dracula?

Shanoa: I don't understand. Why would he need blood?

Nikolai: There is an old mansion beyond the cove. He may have taken residence there. O Lord, what horrors might this demon be planning for us...?


XIII. A - Talking to Nikolai Further (A)

Nikolai: Some of us have not yet returned... Unless Heaven has already called
them... No. I must believe in God's protection. And in yours...


XIII. B - Talking to Nikolai Further (B)

Nikolai: It seems legends of Dracula existed here long before I laid a single brick. Still, I never imagined those legends would come to life.


XIII. C - Talking to Nikolai Further (C)

Nikolai: I have heard that my ancestors were people who fought evil. Perhaps that is why I have also chosen to live my life as a clergyman.


XIII. D - Talking to Nikolai Further (D)

Nikolai: God brought us all here, and bid us to build these homes in this
place. He's provided for us ever since, even in our darkest hours.


XIV - Saving Aeon in Minera Prison Island

(Inside the topmost room in the tower of Minera Prison Island. Shanoa finds a cook trapped in a crystal. She then absorbs the Glyph above to free him.)

Aeon: S-Saved! Guess the eternal bliss of paradise will have to wait, hmm? I'm Aeon, the chef. I've worked in all kinds of restaurants. One time it was for
three whole weeks! Come see me in the village, and I'll make you a snack!

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia


XV - Saving Marcel in Tymeo Mountains

(In the entrance of Tymeo Mountains. Shanoa finds a young man trapped in a crystal. She then absorbs the Glyph above to free him.)

Marcel: Ha! I came out here on a hunch, and I was right!

Shanoa: Hmm?

Marcel: Witches and wizards, strange magic, hordes of monsters... Marcel, my good man, welcome to the Front Page!

Shanoa: ......Hmm?

Marcel: Ah, right, where are my manners? Marcel. I'm a journalist. Thought there might be a scoop around here, and boy, this place is full of them!

Shanoa: ......

Marcel: You, for example! A beautiful witch--and please don't take offense; you are gorgeous, I have to say. "Beautiful Witch Entrances Remote Village!"
There we go. A perfect headline. Well, I'd better get cracking. I'll be in touch!


XVI - Saving Anna in Somnus Reef

(In one of the hidden underwater cavern in Somnus Reef. Shanoa finds a young girl trapped in a crystal. She then absorbs the Glyph above to free the villager.)

Anna: Thank you very much, Miss.

Shanoa: You're welcome.

Anna: Well, Tom? I was very polite, wasn't I?

Tom: Meow.

Shanoa: You can talk to the cat?

Anna: That's right! Only I can do it, too. My brother can't even do it. Okay, I'm worried about my family, so I'm going now. See you later, Miss.


XVII - Saving Serge in Somnus Reef

(In a small room in Somnus Reef upper portion. Shanoa finds a young boy trapped in a crystal. She then absorbs the Glyph above to free him.)

Serge: Oh, phew! Thanks, lady! My name's Serge.

Shanoa: Should I walk you home?

Serge: Nah, I'm not a little kid anymore. I can get home by myself.


XVIII - Saving Daniela in Giant's Dwelling

(In one of the crumbling houses in Giant’s Dwelling. Shanoa finds an old woman trapped in a crystal. She then absorbs the Glyph to free the villager.)

Daniela: Oh, are we done already? Well, that's rather disappointing, isn't it?

Shanoa: Disappointing?

Daniela: You're not that rascal from before. Your voice is different. You're
like a doll--pretty, but there's something missing... Say, is the man not
coming? I promised him a cake... Oh well. Tell him I'll be waiting. Oh, yes,
I'm Daniela. Nice name, isn't it? Aunt Michelle gave it to me. Well, home I
go. Don't worry. Old Dracula himself wouldn't bother with blood this stale...


XIX - Another Dominus Given

Albus: You seem to be feeling better. Impressive work; finding me and all.

Shanoa: A blind man could have found you. You left a trail...

Albus: Just like when we were children playing tag. Once you started to cry, I'd feel terrible and let you win.

Shanoa: What are you getting at?

Albus: Why not try it now, and perhaps I'll let you catch me.

Shanoa: ...Try crying? You know I can't. I don't remember any of that.

Albus: Apologies Shanoa, but no tears, no deal... Still, it'd be a shame to leave you empty-handed.

(Albus conjures another Dominus.)

Shanoa: Again... What are you doing?

Albus: Oh, just accept it. It's a gift. Besides, it's what you came here for.


XIX.A - Talking to Albus

Albus: You know you haven't got a choice, Shanoa. Let's not play games.


XIX.B - Absorbing the Glyph

(Shanoa absorbs the Glyph.)

Albus: Shanoa... Do you know what the Dominus is?

Shanoa: The ultimate Glyph, of course. The one that can destroy Dracula.

Albus: Half-right. But think about it: where does a Glyph's power come from?
Nothing comes from nothing, after all. What do you suppose Barlowe used to create his precious Dominus?

Shanoa: Hmph... What?

Albus: They used Dracula, Shanoa. Dominus is made from his remains. That's
HIS power. Nothing less.

Shanoa: Dominus is...? It can't be true.

Albus: Ask the old man if you think I'm lying. And be quick about it; I'm very nearly done with all this.

(Albus suddenly vanished.)

Shanoa: Master Barlowe... Is Albus telling the truth? I have to find out.


XX - The Origin of the Glyphs

(In Ecclesia’s ceremonial room.)

Barlowe: So now you've heard the truth of Dominus...

Shanoa: Then it's true...

Barlowe: You've earned the right to know. Here's all the rest: In ages past, there was a hunter's clan. Their holy whip held Dracula at bay-- until, as time marched on, they disappeared. The whip lost, men created other tools... such as the Glyphs Ecclesia controls. Through constant hidden struggle round the world, we proved Ecclesia's mettle to mankind. And so, in secret, certain men of power then placed a certain object in our care.

Shanoa: ...That being?

Barlowe: The vessel for the soul of Dracula. Securely sealed in this very room. If we destroy it, mankind's wish comes true. That is our purpose, as ordained by God. But there remains one technicality...

Shanoa: ......

Barlowe: Against that vessel, our Glyphs came to naught. Our powers failed to scratch it, even once. If those in power knew, they would take it back. Ecclesia would vanish overnight! So I sought out a Glyph of greater
power-- one strong enough to topple Dracula. And so, the answer came: Fight fire with fire...

Shanoa: You can't mean...

Barlowe: Indeed. The power of Dracula himself. Converting it was difficult,
of course. But finally, we made his power ours!

Shanoa: The power of ultimate destruction-- Dominus...

Barlowe: Yes, ultimate destruction. But no less could ever rid the world of
Dracula. If only we'd been wise enough to see who else among us might make use of it. I fear we have unleashed a deadly threat.

Shanoa: Albus still has the final piece...

Barlowe: He must believe it's for some "greater good..." But I'll take the Lord's plan over his. And if you're forced to choose, you know what's right.

Shanoa: I do, Sir.


XX.A - Talking to Barlowe Further

Barlowe: I'm counting on you...


XXI - Saving Irina in Tristis Pass

(In the waterfall area of Tristis Pass. Shanoa finds the last villager in a hidden cavern behind the waterfall. She then absorbs the Glyph above to free the middle-aged woman.)

Irina: You saved me! Oh, thank you! Thank you!

...Listen, I know you just rescued me, but please excuse me. I'm worried about my children. I'm Irina, by the way. And...well, I have to go. You be careful out here. ...Bye!

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia


XXII - Tracing Albus in Oblivion Ridge

(Shanoa is outside a chapel in the farthest portion of Oblivion Ridge.)

Shanoa: I sense strong magic behind that door... it's Dominus.

(Shanoa enters the chapel and find the last piece of Dominus floating inside. She approaches the Glyph but ends up trapped in the same crystal used by Albus to the villagers.)

Albus: Try to relax, Shanoa; no more interfering. About those Dominus pieces, by the way... It's time to explain why I gave them to you.

(Albus absorbs the Glyph.)

Albus: Gyaaaaah! It's working... I FEEL IT!

Shanoa: But Barlowe said you weren't able to bear Glyphs... Did you... You let me absorb the other two just to see how it's done!

Albus: Ha! You see, I--Urgh... Hng! Gaaaaaaaaahhh!

(Albus suddenly change, clutching his head and becomes irritated.)

Shanoa: ...What's happening?

Albus: ...And now... My wish will be... Shanoa, I--

(Albus looks up and struggling to control the power of the Glyph.)

Albus: Rrgh... What!? Th-This can't be!

(He clutches his head once more.)

Albus: No... I've come too far... I will NOT be consumed! ...We'll settle this
later, Shanoa.

(Albus vanishes away.)

Shanoa: Wait, Albus! This is bad... Master Barlowe will know what to do.


XXIII - Preparing to Fight Albus

(In Ecclesia’s ceremonial room.)

Barlowe: You say he hosts the final piece himself!? To learn such devilry in such short time... I fear his genius may outstrip my own. We foolishly assumed
that only you could serve as host for Dominus... and so we left him such an opening. He watched the way you took in those first two... But wait, those pieces still remain with us.

Shanoa: That is correct.

Barlowe: He wants them back, no doubt. If we pursue...

Shanoa: What choice do we have? He has to be stopped; you said so yourself.

Barlowe: Indeed, you have the right of it, I fear. The force of Dominus devours the mind. Poor Albus, even he could not resist Dracula's will. He can't come back to us; not anymore. Shanoa, free him from his misery...

Shanoa: Yes, Sir.

Barlowe: His trail must lead beyond the graveyard. Go. For all the world's sake, come back alive.


XXIII.A - Further Conversation

Barlowe: If Albus mastered Dominus, who else might do the same? O Lord, what has my pupil done?


XXIV - The Inevitable Battle

(Outside Mystery Manor. Shanoa senses Albus’ presence.)

Shanoa: Albus is here... I must end this now with my own hands, no matter the cost.

(Shanoa enters the manor to search for Albus. Eventually, she finds him in the underground basement, still struggling to get hold of himself after he absorbed the Dominus Glyph in Oblivion Ridge.)

Shanoa: If this is how it must be, then let's end it now.

(Albus faces her.)

Albus: The Dominus is mine, and I've waited long enough. Hand it over, Shanoa.

Shanoa: Is this why you betrayed our master? Did you trade your home, your
life, just to be consumed by this darkness? What did you hope to gain!? Answer me.

(Albus clutches his head and struggling.)

Albus: Shanoa... What am I--!? Gaaah! No, Shanoa... RUN! You have to get away
from here! Now!

Shanoa: ...Albus?

(Albus clutches his head once more and laugh diabolically. The voice of Dracula resonates inside his mind.)

Albus: Run...? Ha! What good would that do her? She cannot escape me. All of
humanity is merely cattle, led to slaughter at my behest. I, Lord Dracula!
Give yourself as sustenance to me, weak, foolish human! That will be your
honor!!

Shanoa: ...... Even in this state, without any memory of the man you once were, I pity you. It's my duty to free you from this suffering; to ensure you don't meet such an end. Rest in peace, Albus.

(The battle starts. Shanoa eventually manage to defeat Albus in the end. He collapses in the ground lifeless.)

Shanoa: This will complete Dominus, the power that corrupted Albus...and consumed him. Can this cursed power truly be used to vanquish evil? ...I'll
return the final piece to Barlowe--my mission is complete.

(Shanoa absorbs the last Dominus Glyph stolen by Albus.)

Shanoa: What's...going on!? Albus's memories--! ...I can feel them...

(The memory of Albus resonates inside Shanoa’s mind. A flashback occurs.)

Albus: Name's Albus. I guess we're brother and sister now.

Shanoa: My brother, huh? ...Albus.

(Another flashback occurs.)

Albus: Argh!

Shanoa: You can't keep doing this; you'll destroy yourself! Let me take your place.

Albus: What... kind of brother would I be...if I didn't protect you...? That's...my role.

(Yet another flashback occurs.)

Albus: Accepting Dominus is likely to interfere with one's memory and emotions.

Barlowe: I see...

Albus: That being the case, we should assume the true price is much higher... Sir! Name me as the bearer. I can't allow Shanoa to risk her life.

Barlowe: But you aren't able--

Albus: There has to be a way! ...and I'll find it.

Barlowe: All right, Albus. I will give you my word. But, before all that, I have a great errand for you...

(Flashbacks end.)

Shanoa: ...But Barlowe told me Albus took my memories. It was Dominus? Albus, did you steal Dominus for my sake...?

???: So you figured it out. ...a shame everything ended in failure.

Shanoa: Albus!? I... I can hear your voice inside my mind.

(Albus spirit is somewhat retained inside Shanoa’s after she absorbed the glyph. She can hear his voice from within the Dominus Glyph.)

Albus: Inside Dominus, actually, which you absorbed.

Shanoa: That isn't possible.

Albus: It would seem the blood of the holy whip's legacy makes many things possible. One of life's fortunate miracles, you might say. Betrayed by the old man, I fled with Dominus. In this way I had taken your place as bearer, and you were no longer at risk. Alone, I continued my research into methods of controlling Dominus. As you know, that Glyph's power is Dracula's as well. To this end, I required the blood of the sacred Belmont clan. Since they vanished years ago, I set out to find any traces of their heritage.

Shanoa: ...The villagers.

Albus: Exactly. Fate drew them to the village...all thirteen of that line. I
studied their blood with great diligence... In the end, even that power wasn't enough to contain Dominus, and the Glyph consumed me.

Shanoa: ...But with your body gone, your spirit remains--absorbed into the
Glyph. And now, that soul dwells within me, alongside the power of Dominus.

Albus: By all accounts, Dominus should have overpowered and erased my will.
However, the villager's power courses through you, and that tethered me here.

Shanoa: How can that be?

Albus: Probably from absorbing the Glyphs I used to imprison them... You are
quite remarkable, Shanoa.

Shanoa: ...... There is still one thing I do not understand, Albus. Why did
you try to take my place, if you knew it would cost you your life?

Albus: ...I doubt you could understand, without your memories or emotions.
Let's just say I knew what mattered to me, and what had to be done. Once the ritual began, though, I no longer had any choice. Everything that happened since then was laid out before me... a path I had to follow.

Shanoa: I still don't understand...

Albus: It's just as well. No need to concern yourself with the affairs of my heart. But, I do need you to promise me one thing.

Shanoa: What is it?

Albus: No matter what happens, you mustn't use Dominus. Its power comes at
a great price... Your life. Please, Shanoa... Don't ever use Dominus! You have to trust me!

Shanoa: I do, Albus.

Albus: Then I've done all I can. Thank you, Shanoa... ...but now, I believe my
time is at an end.

Shanoa: Albus, wait! I have to know--

Albus: You'll be fine now.

...Remember your promise.

Shanoa: ...Albus...? Don't go, Albus! ...You gave up your life for my sake, and I don't feel anything. I can't even shed a tear...

...... Why was everything stolen from me!?

(Shanoa starts to leave but stop.)

Shanoa: Only one person can answer my questions.

...I won't let Albus's sacrifice go to waste. I must learn the truth.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia


XXV - Avenging Albus

(In Ecclesia’s ceremonial room. Shanoa approaches Barlowe.)

Shanoa: It's done, Sir. I've retrieved Dominus.

Barlowe: And Albus? Did he yield, or did he...

Shanoa: ......

Barlowe: Unfortunate... but it cannot be helped. He wanted just the same as both of us. Perhaps he simply wanted it too much. But still, there is a way to honor him. Use Dominus, and see the mission through. Good Albus would have wanted it that way. The time has come--to the forbidden room!

(Shanoa stands next to Dracula’s vessel in the ceremonial site.)

Barlowe: Take all three pieces; bind them to yourself. Upon the vessel, cast the Union Glyph. And so, the world's greatest hope will rise! Ecclesia's wish... The wish of all mankind. Now go, Shanoa! You will be the one. Our world's savior...

(Shanoa turns to him in defiance.)

Shanoa: I will not.

Barlowe: ...What, second thoughts? You've fought so hard for this...

Shanoa: I promised Albus. I'm never using Dominus.

Barlowe: You promised him? He must have lied to you...

Shanoa: You would know quite a bit about lies.

Barlowe: Shanoa, what is this? What do you mean?

Shanoa: Albus didn't seal my emotions at all. It was you. You used them as a sacrifice to Dominus!

Barlowe: R-Ridiculous! I've never heard such--

Shanoa: You also lied to Albus. You sent him on a fool's errand, and tried to hold the ritual in his absence.

Barlowe: ......

Shanoa: And you neglected to mention that using Dominus would kill me. Would
you care to explain that, "Master"?

Barlowe: Shanoa, if you ever trusted me, then hear me: mankind needs you. Needs your life!

(Barlowe starts to become aggressive and spread his arms. Shanoa steps back.)

Shanoa: ......!

Barlowe: You carry such a burden, my young girl... To give your life that Man might live his dreams... Do you not see how wonderful that is?

Shanoa: You're mad...

Barlowe: Now, Albus, that boy had the right idea. He found a way to take in Dominus... and I shall put his research to good use. You see, girl, we don't
need you anymore... My flesh can host the Glyph as well as yours! And since you're so unwilling to comply... I'll rip the Glyph straight off your bloody corpse!

(Barlowe starts to conjure a spell.)

Shanoa: I'm not ready to die, Barlowe. You still owe me answers.

Barlowe: Poor fool; if I could only make you see. Now die, and YIELD DOMINUS
TO ME!!

(The battle begins. Shanoa eventually managed to defeat Barlowe. He’s on his knees and unable to fight anymore.)

Barlowe: Dammit! I was so close! I could... taste the power...

Shanoa: I don't understand... The user of Dominus is destined to die! ...Why would you want that kind of power?

Barlowe: Because without Dominus, I'll never destroy that infernal seal.

Shanoa: ...Seal? You told me that was the vessel of Dracula's soul!

Barlowe: Of course! Ecclesia's mission is to realize the singular wish of all mankind: the resurrection of our lord, Count Dracula!

Shanoa: Mankind wishes for no such thing.

Barlowe: Dracula's power comes from the darkness in people's hearts--our hearts. Ask yourself then, why does he continue to return, regardless of
defeat? Because our hearts yearn for Dracula's presence! Haaaa ha ha ha ha ha!

Shanoa: ...Just another victim of Dominus... It's driven you mad!

(Dracula’s vessel starts to release black smoke.)

Barlowe: No, Shanoa... How can you be blind to this? ...If you refuse to see, then you are the fool!

(The smoke covers Barlowe and he laugh diabolically.)

Barlowe: Oh ho ho... What's this? This power... My strength is returning! Yes my lord, I see... I will destroy the infernal seal with your blessing!

...Truly providence, that Dracula would honor me with his guidance!

(Barlowe approaches Dracula’s vessel and lean on it, screaming "Lord Dracula!")

Shanoa: No... I feel a new power.

Barlowe: ...I will give my life to undo the seal, Master. Return to us, Lord
Dracula!

(The vessel explodes and Barlowe disappeared with it.)

Shanoa: It can't be!

(Shanoa heads outside, Dracula’s Castle starts to rise from the ground upon a cliff.)

Shanoa: ...Now I've lost everything... my past, my emotions, my brother, and my purpose... I'm empty. ...there's nothing left for me.


Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments